Living Life Groups: Making Godly Decisions (2)
We make our decisions and our decisions make us
1 Corinthians 16:6-9 NKJV And it may be that I will remain, or even spend the winter with you, that you may send me on my journey, wherever I go. (7) For I do not wish to see you now on the way; but I hope to stay a while with you, if the Lord permits. (8) But I will tarry in Ephesus until Pentecost. (9) For a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.
James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
John 8:23 AMP He said to them, You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world (of this earthly order); I am not of this world.
Proverbs 4:7 AMP The beginning of Wisdom is: get Wisdom (skilful and godly Wisdom)! [For skilful and godly Wisdom is the principal thing.] And with all you have gotten, get understanding (discernment, comprehension, and interpretation).
- Walk with the Wise
Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will be destroyed.
1John 5:14 NKJ Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
- Ask for Wisdom
James 1:5 AMP If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or fault-finding, and it will be given him.
Psalms 32:8 NLT The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.
- Make the Decision
1 Thessalonians 3:1 So when we could stand it no longer, we thought it best to be left by ourselves in Athens.
TALK ABOUT IT: Start the conversation.
- What decision did you have to make recently? How did you do it?
- Do you ever just ask God for guidance? What happens when you do?
THINK ABOUT IT: Ask questions to get your group thinking.
- Read Psalm 32:8. Do you think like this? What role does God play in your decisions?
- In retrospect, how do you determine if a decision you made was a good one or a bad one?
SHARE: Choose questions that create openness.
- Read Proverbs 13:20. Where do you need wisdom in your life? How will you find the right people? What is Wisdom, or rather, Who is Wisdom? And how does this make sense in practical life? (1Corinthians 1:24, 30; Galatians 2:20)
- Read Psalm 32:8. How can you can you embrace God as not just as One Who gives advice, but as One Who is present and watching over me?
- Think about the next decision you need to make. Answer this question aloud, “Can I see myself doing anything else that would please God more?”
- What does God do when we have no clear answer? He gives us Wisdom to decide. What decision do you have to make now which you have been postponing?
PRAY OVER IT: Be bold and pray with power.
Father God, we pray that You will give us people to walk with, to remind us Holy Spirit, that You are Good and when we need Wisdom to be revealed, You always give! Help us to make decisions in faith so You would be glorified in and through our lives! Thank You that You are a Good, Good Father! Amen.
COMMIT TO DO SOMETHING: Commit to apply what you have learnt.
- What is the decision you need to make? How will you do it? What is the important principles you need to remember in this decision?